Asthma :: Bronchial Asthma and Homoeopathy
Bronchial asthma is essentially a disorder of the immune system, affecting the lungs and airways. Asthma is classified into types. But it is often not possible to distinguish between the two.
– Extrinsic asthma- is stimulated by Known substances that trigger an allergic reaction.
– Intrinsic asthma- there is no specific stimulating factor.
Differential Diagnosis of Asthma
1- Systemic vasculitis
2- Psychiatric disorders.
3- Upper and lower airway disorders.
Anatomy of the Lower Respiratory Tract
The trachea (windpipe) extends down through the neck into the chest where it divides into the right and left bronchi. The right bronchus enters the right lung and the left bronchus enters the left lung. Within the lungs the bronchi progressively divide into smaller and smaller branches so that air can reach all parts of the lungs.
Etiology of Asthma
A number of different factors can trigger an asthmatic attack i.e. antigens, infection, air pollutants, emotional states, exercise, and exposure to cold. Exposure to these factors triggers a series of events leading to an attack. One of the steps, involved in this phenomenon, is the release of naturally occurring chemical transmitters from cells called mast cells that are found in the wall of the bronchi.
Through such chemicals and nerve impulses, muscle tissue in the wall of the bronchi contracts and the bronchi are made narrow. The narrowing of the bronchi restricts the flow of air and produces difficulty in breathing. This is made worse because mucus frequently clogs the bronchi also.
Mechanism of Asthma
Asthma is one disease, but it has two main underlying components. These components occur deep within the airways of the lungs:
* Inflammation. The airways of the lungs are often swollen and irritated if one has asthma, and become more swollen and irritated when an attack begins. In some people with asthma, the mucus glands in the airways produce excessive, thick mucus, further obstructing the airways.
* Constriction. The muscles around the airways in the lungs squeeze together or tighten. This tightening is often called ‘broncho-constriction’, and it can make it hard to breathe the air in or out of the lungs, the condition called as dyspnea.
Inflammation and constriction together cause narrowing of the airways, which develop wheezing, chest tightness, or shortness of breath.
With asthma, airways may be inflamed even when the patient is not having symptoms.
Sign and symptoms of Asthma
The main complaints are episodic wheezing, feeling of tightness in chest, dyspnea and cough. The frequency of asthma is highly variable. Some patients may have very frequent, brief attacks of asthma; other may suffer nearly continuous symptoms. Asthma is often worse at night mostly around 3- 4 am.
Complications of Asthma
These include airway infection, dehydration, exhaustion etc. rarely pneumo-thorax may occur. In very severe cases, acute respiratory failure may occur.
Treatment of Bronchial Asthma
RESPIRATION – ASTHMATIC –
Am-c Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Ant-t Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Arg-n Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Ars Grade- 3 Author- Kent
Asaf Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Bell Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Brom Grade- 1 Author- Boger
Cact Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Caust Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Cocc Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Coff Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Con Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Cupr Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Dros Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Ferr Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Ferr-p Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Gels Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Graph Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Hydr-ac Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Hyos Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Ip Grade- 3 Author- Kent
Kali-br Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Kali-c Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Lach Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Laur Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Led Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Lob Grade- 3 Author- Kent
Mag-p Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Meph Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Merc Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Mez Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Mosch Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Nux-v Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Op Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Ph-ac Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Phos Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Plb Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Puls Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Raph Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Samb Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Sars Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Sep Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Spong Grade- 3 Author- Kent
Stram Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Sulph Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Sumb Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Tab Grade- 2 Author- Kent
Valer Grade- 3 Author- Kent
Zinc Grade- 1 Author- Kent
Zinc-p Grade- 1 Author- Kent
? Dr. Rajneesh Kumar Sharma
Homoeo Cure & Research Centre P. Ltd.
N.H. 74, Moradabad Road,
Kashipur- Zip- 244713
Ph. 05947- 260327, 274338, 277418, 275535
Fax – 91 5947 274338, Cell – 98 371 47000
E. Mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
- « Asthma :: Sycotic constitution – Asthma – Arsenic Alb & Medorrhinum
- Asthma :: Children in Shelters suffers from Asthma »
Sub-editorAsthma :: Bronchial Asthma and Homoeopathy
by Sub-editor ( Author at Spirit India )
Posted on October 23rd, 2003 at 9:30 pm.
Find more on: Asthma
Keywords: Cough, Cure, Disease, Exercise, Immune system, Infection, Inflammation, People, Research, Respiratory, Treatment
Most read today
- Weight Loss :: Phytolacca Berry Tablets for obesity
- Free Homeopathic Books to download
- Impotency :: Male Impotency – Caladium Seguinum
- Kedarnath, Uttarakhand – 2013 flash floods
- Skin Care :: 5 homeopathic medicines for chloasma – pregnancy mask
- Obesity :: Phytolacca berry in obesity
- Leukemia :: A case of Leukemia treated with homeopathy medicines
- Endometriosis :: Homeopathic remedies and Endometriosis
- Infertility :: Role of Homeopathy in Male Infertility
- Young Post Graduates AYUSH – Job Opportunities on YOUR way
Recently viewed by others
- Infertility :: Treatment of non-obstructive azoospermia
- Blood Pressure :: Racial differences in effectiveness of antihypertensive therapy
- Antibiotic :: Prescribing of antibiotics to children still at a level to cause drug resistance
- Health :: MassTag PCR – new tool helps identify mysterious viruses – respiratory infection
- Neighbors first – India, Nepal PMs to meet in New York at UNGA
- Meningitis :: Improved meningitis vaccine for Africa could signal eventual end to deadly scourge
- An opportunity or a threat to homeopathy ?
- 60 million barrels of oil next month
- Colon Cancer :: Genes associated with colon cancer identified
- Diabetes :: Cells passed from mother to child may be first step in developing new treatments for type 1 diabetes