New research shows that children between 8 and 15 years old who are in the upper half of their normal weight range are more likely than their leaner peers to become obese or overweight as young adults.
According to Children’s Hospital Boston, which helped conduct the study, parents should encourage healthy eating habits and realistic attitudes toward weight and diet.
The hospital offers these possible solutions for children who overeat:
– Nutritional and individual diet counseling.
– Modification of diet and caloric content (limit portion size).
– Participation in an appropriate exercise program.
– Behavior modification (for example, eat at home more often).
– Family support and encouragement.
- « Abscess :: Muscular abscess – Silicea
- Ulcerative colitis :: Effective treatment for active ulcerative colitis »
Sub-editorObesity :: Encourage healthy eating habits in your child
by Sub-editor ( Author at Spirit India )
Posted on April 20th, 2005 at 9:03 pm.
Find more from SpiritIndia on: Health