Hepatitis is a growing epidemic caused by many deadly viruses labeled A to G, each requiring different diagnoses and treatments. Easily contracted in many ways, from drinking water to casual contact to sexual intercourse, this debilitating disease poses a risk to everyone.
HEPATITIS A TO G – the only book that gives you the solid facts on all forms of this illness. Written by viral expert Dr. Alan Berkman and science author Nicholas Bakalar, this comprehensive, easy-to-read volume clearly explains how each hepatitis virus is contracted and avoided, and, if you have it, how to treat it with the latest medical breakthroughs.
In HEPATITIS A TO G, learn about:
* The chronic, sometimes deadly viruses B, C, and D-and what treatments work best
* Certain strains that quickly strike children and teenagers-and whether they should be inoculated
* The infectious dangers that can be found in your home
* Essential facts on preventing infection
* Life-saving information for all travelers-domestic and international.
IN A WORLD OF DEADLY VIRUSES, IGNORANCE CAN BE FATAL. EVERYONE SHOULD BE ASKING:
* How do you avoid contracting hepatitis altogether?
* Which strains can be cured and which are chronic?
* Can you get hepatitis from eating strawberries or shellfish?
* How dangerous are eating utensils and public bathrooms?
* Which vaccinations should children be given?
* What do you do if you or someone you know has the disease?
Answering these and many more questions with information from the most recent viral research, this book offers the complete facts on this escalating epidemic…HEPATITIS A TO G.