Diabetes is a disease in which the body does not properly control the amount of sugar in the blood. As a result, the level of sugar in the blood is too high. This disease occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin or does not use it properly. Here are the recommendations given by the American Diabetes Society for a healthy diet to prevent diabetes.
It is also suitable as a diet to use for steady, gentle loss of weight if you are looking to combine the two.
* Grain – 6-11 servings per day (Bread, Cereal, Rice, Pasta)
* Vegetables – 3-5 servings per day
* Fruits – 2-4 servings per day
* Milk – 2-3 servings per day
* Meat – 4-6 ounces per day (Meat, eggs, fish, dried beans, nuts and peanut butter)
* Fats, Sweets – Occasional treats