The meeting of the National Crisis Management Committee was held this evening under the chairmanship of the Cabinet Secretary to review the flood situation in Uttarakhand and measures taken for rescue and relief operations. The NCMC has been meeting daily.
The meeting was attended by 10 Secretaries of the concerned Ministries and Departments as well as senior officers of all the agencies deployed in the rescue and relief activities such as Army, Indian Air Force, ITBP, NDRF and BRO.
Indian Air Force:
· Despite bad weather conditions the Indian Air Force conducted 53 sorties to air evacuate 535.
· The IAF lost one MI-17 V-5 chopper in a crash in Gaurikund.
· The Army was able to evacuate through the land route 895 persons from Badrinath and 338 from Harsil areas.
· The ITBP evacuated 600 persons on the land route from the Badrinath.
· The NDRF evacuated 35 persons most of whom were sadhus and porters from the Kedarnath and other areas.
· The BRO are working on some of the land slides that have occurred in the last 24 hours. The route from Rudra Prayag to Uttar Kashi has ben cleared as well as sector from Rishikesh to Srinagar and Joshimath has also been cleared for traffic.
· A bridge at Pandukeshwar is almost complete. This will facilitate evacuation of those stranded in Badrinath.
· Enough stocks of ATF are available at Gochar and Dharasu for use by the IAF. In addition, arrangements have also been made for additional fuel to reach these areas as well as Pithoragarh.
· Over 42,000 LPG cylinders have been dispatched to the affected areas.
· The BSNL services in the State are almost normal with the restoration of most of the towers and the telephone exchanges.
· The private telecom operators have been asked to expedite their work so that the private telecom services are also restored at the earliest.
· 1593 calls were made on the BSNL helpline numbers to help locate missing persons.
· On the request of the State Government four teams from the NIMHANS have been dispatched to help the State Government with counseling and related activities.