An athlete may have good gluteal strength when performing an exercise such as :
– Hold a dumbbell in each hand, standing tall with good posture.
– Step forward with the right foot, keeping the head up and spine neutral.
– Drop your left knee toward the floor by bending knees, making sure to keep the front heel down and the knee directly over the center of the foot.
– Push down and forward through your heel to return to the starting position.
– Repeat on the other side, alternating for eight to 12 reps per side.