Fifty U.S. hospitals, including NYU Medical Center, have been named to the first Leapfrog Top Hospitals list, based on results from the Leapfrog Hospital Quality and Safety Survey, a national rating system that offers a broad assessment of a hospital?s quality and safety.
The Survey results from over 1,200 hospitals reveal significant findings about the state of health care quality and safety in the nation?s hospitals. The Survey asks hospitals about their awareness and action on 30 “Safe Practices for Better Healthcare” endorsed by the National Quality Forum and collects data from hospitals on their progress toward implementing practices in four categories:
– Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE): Do physicians enter patient prescriptions and other orders into computers linked to error prevention software?
– ICU staffing (IPS): Are intensive care units staffed by trained ICU specialists (intensivists)?
– Evidence-Based Hospital Referral: How well do hospitals perform five high risk procedures and care for two high-risk neonatal conditions?
– Leapfrog Safe Practices Score: How well are hospitals progressing on the other 27 National Quality Forum Safe Practices?
The Leapfrog Hospital Quality and Safety Survey is the only national survey that provides as full an assessment of a hospital?s quality and safety.
- « Allergy :: Key enzyme involved in allergic disease identified
- Influenza :: Vaccine is the best way to protect yourself against influenza – Dr. Jeanne Santoli »
Sub-editorHealth :: NYU Medical Center ranked in the top 50 hospitals
by Sub-editor ( Author at Spirit India )
Posted on October 29th, 2006 at 4:43 pm.
Find more from SpiritIndia on: Health