Operation ‘Rahat’ Launched by the IAF
1. On 16 Jun heavy rains wreaked havoc in the hill states of Uttarakhandand HimachalPradesh leaving thousands stranded including pilgrims in transit in various valleys. IAF assistance was sought for rescue operations. HQ Western Air Command(WAC) promptly responded to the requests from various states for providing flood relief. IAF undertook the task simultaneously in the sectors of Yamunanagar, Kedarnath-Badrinath axis, Rudrapyag valley, Karcham- Puh axis.
2. Airforce station Sarsawa was made the hub centre with helicopters converging from Bhatinda and Hindon. A number of Medium lift helicopters including the newly inducted MI -17 V5 were positioned on 17 Jun at Jollygrant helipad at Dehradun despite inclement weather. On 17 Jun a total of 36 pax were evacuated from general area Karnal by MI -17 V5. In addition 21 passengers including 15 children were rescued from Nakud by ALH operating Ex Sarsawa.
3. On 18 Jun two additional MI -17 V5 helicopters were put into service along with the NDRF teams in the general area of Rampur- Rekongpeo in Himachal Pradesh. The relief operations are in full swing providing succor to thousand of standed pilgrims and tourists.
- « PM assures all assistance for rescue and relief operations in flood affected Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand floods
- Rescue & Relief Operations in Flood Affected Areas of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh »
Dr. Anil SinghalOperation ‘Rahat’ Launched by the IAF
by Dr. Anil Singhal ( Author at Spirit India )
Posted on June 18th, 2013 at 11:56 am.
Last updated on July 4th, 2013 at 11:58 am.
Find more from SpiritIndia on: Uttarakhand floods