Dental Materials – Clinical Applications – by Dr. Pankaj Datta
Dental materials are specially fabricated materials, designed for use as dental restorations (fillings), which are used to restore tooth structure loss, usually resulting from but not limited to dental caries (dental cavities). There are many challenges for the physical properties of the ideal dental restorative material.
Dr. Pankaj Datta, a renowned Prosthodontics in New Delhi, India has published a textbook “Dental Materials – Clinical Applications” based on the syllabus for BDS course prescribed by Dental council of India as also the various universities in the country.
Dr. Pankaj Datta, MDS (Prosthodontics), PGDHA, PGDHHM is the Principal and Head, Department of Prosthodontics & Dental Materials in Inderprastha Dental College and Hospital, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, UP
Dr. Datta says “At every step an effort has been made to correlate the clinical or applied aspects of the theory discussed with suitable examples from clinical dentistry. Each chapter features overview, classification, chemistry, properties, manipulation, clinical use and critical evaluation, and all these features are designed to develop clinical knowledge and better understanding”.
The salient Features of this textbook are:
- Clinical aspects are well highlighted in snap shot section within each chapter.
- Clinical problems with their answer are explained in relevant sections.
- Important points, Question and clinical notes are integrated in highlighted boxes to illustrate the practical application of facts and knowledge about dental materials required in everyday clinical dentistry and laboratory work.
- Boxes are tailor –made for a quick review before the examination.
- To make reading interesting and easy to recapitulate important aspects have been prominent typographically.
- Line diagrams and photographs have been given profusely to illustrate the point discussed in the text.
The book is primarily aimed at undergraduate dental students who are aspiring to hit the bull’s eye in national and international level examination postgraduate students will also find it useful for review and reference.
Dr. Datta’s book – Dental Materials – Clinical Application – emphasizes on various aspects of dental materials like impression materials, gypsum materials, dental cements, gic, composite restorative materials, dental waxes, inlay wax, dentin bonding agents, denture base materials, dental ceramics, dental casting alloys, dental casting procedures, orthodontic wires, dental amalgam, denture teeth, relinine materials, and investment materials.
Dr. Anil SinghalDental Materials – Clinical Applications – by Dr. Pankaj Datta
by Dr. Anil Singhal ( Author at Spirit India )
Posted on November 20th, 2012 at 11:53 pm.
Last updated on February 16th, 2013 at 10:56 pm.
Find more from SpiritIndia on: Dental Health